Improving the path to education to deserving college students
About the Scholarship
Established by the family of Martin and Julius Alberico in 2007, the Alberico Scholarship Foundation seeks to improve the path to education for deserving college-bound students through the administration of educational grants to students of talent, merit, and need. The Foundation will award $2,500 scholarships to college-bound high school seniors with financial need who have demonstrated both academic achievement and leadership in their school and community. Eligible high school students in the Chicagoland or Northwest Indiana area are encouraged to apply.
Qualifications / Selection Criteria
In order to be an Alberico Foundation Scholarship recipient, a student must meet the following criteria:
- Must rank in the top 20% of his/her class
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 out of 4.0
- Must show evidence of participation in extracurricular involvement, community service, or other leadership activities within his/her school
- Must submit letters of recommendation from 2 teachers
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must complete the online application form and all attachments
All components of the required application form can be obtained from your Guidance Counselor or downloaded from our website.
Scholarship Award Event
Each year, the Alberico Scholarship Foundation will sponsor a fundraiser and the scholarship recipient, parent(s)/guardian(s), and/or the student’s most influential teacher will be invited to attend. At that time, the monetary award will be presented. The recipient will then be required to sign and submit a Publicity Release Form.